2 Pork tenderloins,1.5 lb ea
2 tb Light soy sauce
2 tb Hoisin sauce
1 tb Sherry
1 tb Black bean sauce
1 1/2 ts Minced gingeroot
1 1/2 ts Packed brown sugar
1 Clove garlic, minced
1/2 ts Sesame oil
One pinch 5 spice powder
Thai Barbeque Pork: Substitute fish sauce for soy sauce, and lime
juice for sherry. Increase gingeroot to 1 T. Substitute 1 T chopped
fresh coriander for five-spice powder.
Szechuan Barbequed Pork: Substitute 1 t Chinese chili paste for
five-spice powder. Add 1 green onion, chopped.
1. Trim any fat off tenderloin; tuck ends under and tie each with
kitchen string. Place in a shallow glass dish.
2. Marinade: Whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sherry, black
bean sauce, gingeroot, sugar, garlic, sesame oil and five-spice
3. Pour marinade over tenderloins and turn to coat. Cover and
refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours; turn occasionally.
Let stand for 30 minutes at room temp before cooking.
4. Place tenderloins on rack in roasting pan, reserving marinade.
Pour 1 cup water into pan. Bake, basting generously four times, in
a 375F oven for 30-35 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted
at 20 degree angle registers 160F and meat still has a hint of pink.
5. Remove to cutting board, and tent with foil. Let stand for 10
6. Remove string. Using sharp knife, slice pork diagonally into