2 lb Eggplant
2 lg Onions Chopped
1/4 c Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves Crushed
1 cn (15 Oz) Tomatoes
1/2 c Dried Chick Peas OR
1 cn (15 Oz) chick peas Drained
1. Cut Eggplant Into 1/2 Inch Dice, Sprinkle With Salt, Place in a
Colander, Put a Weight on Top and Leave for 30 Minutes.
2. Rinse Eggplant and Gently Squeeze Out as Much Liquid as You Can.
3. Preheat the oven To 400 F.
4. Saute the Onion in Half the Oil in a Large Saucepan for 10 Minutes.
Remove With a Slotted Spoon and Saute the Eggplant Pieces in the Remaining
Oil until Crisp and Lightly Browned. Drain on Paper Towels.
5. Put the Eggplant and Onion Into An Ovenproof Dish, Then add the
Garlic, Tomatoes, Chick Peas and Pepper. Mix Well. Cover and bake for
40-60 Min. Garnish With Fresh Mint Leaves.