16 oz Cream cheese
1 c Sugar
Lemon juice from 2 lemons
1 1/2 ts Real vanilla
1/4 ts Salt
3 c Sour cream
4 1/2 oz Sugar
Juice from 2.5 lemons
4 tb Unsalted butter
1. Cream the sugar and cream cheese until sugar dissolves
and mixture is light and creamy. Add in the eggs one at a
time until incorporated.
2. Add in lemon juice, vanilla, salt and sour cream. Chill
3. Make cheesecake crust with melted butter and leftover
muffins, graham cracker crumbs, etc.
4. Place chilled mixture in a spring-form pan and place in
a 275 degree oven for one hour and 15 minutes. Turn off
oven and leave cheesecake inside for an additional 30
minutes to set. Remove and chill. Top with lemon curd.
1. Whip sugar and eggs together over low heat in a small
saucepan . . .
be sure to not let the mixture curdle.
2. Add lemon juice and butter and continue to mix over low
heat until mixture firms . . . chill and use for topping of
1. Use old muffin scraps . . . we like to use lemon poppy
seed muffins from the day before . . . mix with some melted
butter and line the bottom of the spring form or round cake
Chef Joseph Ascoli Cetacea restaurant at the Camden Harbour
Inn, Camden, Maine.
This recipe was adopted from The Cake Bible